How ready are you for 2019?
How do you process and say goodbye to another year?
I feel nostalgic at this time of year, and take the time to review the previous years high’s, lows and lessons to feel prepared for 2019.
I’m sharing my process with you, including some of the questions I think about to help you reflect on how 2018 was for you, and to think about what 2019 will mean for you, so that you prepare for your best year yet.
This is my year end ritual, and I hope you find this as rewarding and helpful and motivating as I do.
I haven’t included all the elements in this blog post, but you can download all these questions and more in the handy guide I’ve prepared to support you below.
THE BEST OF QUESTIONS
1. What are my proudest moments?
2. What did I learn about myself?
3. What surprised me the most?
4. What mattered to me most?
5. What did I let go of, that I'm happy about?
6. If my year was turned into a book, what would it be about?
7. What strengths did I use that I didn't realise I had?
8. What new habits did I cultivate that enhanced my self-care and happiness?
9. What was the overall theme of my life?
10. What had the biggest positive impact on my life this year?
11. What were my best accomplishments?
12. What was the best decision I made?
13. What was the best compliment I received?
14. What was my funniest moment and why?
15. Who has supported me the most this year?
16. What was I most grateful for?
17. How has my relationship with my family evolved?
18. What was the biggest challenge I overcame?
THE GIFT OF LESSONS LEARNED
19.What did I worry about the most?
20. What do I regret the most?
21. What was my best life lesson?
22. What habits didn't serve me?
23. What were most prominent emotions?
24. What strengths have I learned that I need to cultivate more in 2019?
25. How did I not honour and value myself?
26. What beliefs didn't support me?
27. What were my best lessons?
28. Which of my values did I neglect?
29. What did I procrastinate about the most?
30. What did I hold onto, that didn't make me happy?
Get Ready for 2019
1. What will my overarching theme be for 2019?
2. When I look back on 2019 in December 2020, what achievements will make me the happiest?
3. What is the most important belief that I will nurture in 2019?
4. What's the most important self-care habit that I will practice consistently?
5. What support do I need and from who?
6. What is motivating me the most in 2019?
7. What will be the most rewarding change that I will make in 2019?
8. What will I do more of?
9. What will I do less of?
10. 2019 will be my best year yet because...
YOUR SUPERHERO STRENGTHS
This exercise is a worthwhile reminder of the power you already have within you to be able to take action on your intentions, goals and desires in 2019.
I talked about these more in my blog “How to Trust your Inner Compass in Life and Love”. I’ve noticed with clients, that they find this especially challenging.
Can you list 50? In your guide, here you have space to list them all out. Meanwhile, can you give three answers to these questions?
I have a natural talent for
My friends and family know me to be
I make people feel
I am confident at
The things I love about myself are
The skills I am known for are
Its easy for me to
There it is, a great start to reviewing your year, and preparing emotionally for 2019.
To gain even more clarity on your intentions and goals for 2019, be sure to download your guide, which also includes an Intention setting page, and your well being/success/ happiness wheel of life so that you assess where you are now, and which four goals you will be priortising and working towards during 2019.
Wishing you a fabulous 2019